Youth Living Conditions Yearbook
The Youth Living Conditions Yearbook is a joint biennial publication of the State Youth Council, the Finnish Youth Research Network and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL). These yearbooks compile youth-related research and statistics into one publication. The yearbooks are made up of a statistics section that describes young people’s living conditions and of expert articles. They offer current information on the wellbeing of young people for decision-makers, youth sector professionals and for parents and other teachers.
The themes of previous yearbooks include migration, institutions, youth and adults talking past each other, polarisation, gendered health and welfare, young people and consumption, and regionality and wellbeing.
Published Youth Living Conditions yearbooks
- Services: Tangling with the Services (Nuoret palveluiden pauloissa, 2014)
- Youth in Other Words (Nuoruus toisin sanoen, 2014)
- Institutions: Children and Youth in the Context of Institutions (Lapset ja nuoret instituutioiden kehyksissä, 2012)
- The miscommunication of youth and adults: Miscommunicated Youth (Ohipuhuttu nuoruus, 2010)
- Polarization: Polarizing Youth (Polarisoituva nuoruus, 2008)
- Genderized health and well-being: Does Gender Matter? (Onko sukupuolella väliä?, 2006)
- Youth and consumption: Consuming Youth (Kuluttava nuoruus, 2005)
- Regionalism and well-being: Same Time, Different Place (Samaan aikaan toisaalla…, 2004)
- The technologization of everyday life: Technologizing Youth (Teknologisoituva nuoruus, 2003 - sold out)
- Passage from childhood to youth: From Innocence to Intensity (Viattomuudesta vimmaan, 2002)
- Passage into adulthood: Bottlenecks of Becoming an Adult (Aikuistumisen pullonkaulat, 2001)
Youth Living Conditions yearbooks in Finnish can be purchased (subject to availability) through our Online Bookstore (only in Finnish).
Academy Research Fellow
Doctor of Social Sciences, Docent